Visit us at the new Fremont County Public Health Q&A related to COVID-19. A place where the public can post questions and receive local answers quickly!
Isolation means staying at home when you are sick with COVID-19 and avoiding contact with other people to help prevent the spread of disease to others in your home and your community.
If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, it is expected that you take the following measures:
- Limit contact with others
- Do not leave home unless absolutely necessary, such as to seek medical care.
- Do not go to school, work, other public areas or use public transportation (e.g. buses, taxis).
- Arrange to have groceries and supplies dropped off at your door to minimize contact.
- Stay in a separate room and use a separate bathroom from others in your home, if possible.
- If you have to be in contact with others, keep at least between 6 feet between yourself and the other person.
- Keep interactions brief
- Avoid contact with individuals with chronic conditions, compromised immune systems and older adults.
- Avoid contact with pets if you live with other people that may also be touching the pet.
- Keep your hands clean. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and dry with disposable paper towels or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm or into a tissue.
- At least once daily, clean and disinfect surfaces that you touch often, like toilets, bedside tables, doorknobs, phones and television remotes.
- Do not share personal items with others, such as toothbrushes, towels, bed linen, utensils or electronic devices.
- Put the lid of the toilet down before flushing.
Use regular household disinfectants or diluted bleach (one-part bleach and nine parts water) to disinfect.
Care for yourself. Monitor your symptoms as directed by your healthcare provider or Public Health Authority. If your symptoms get worse, immediately contact your healthcare provider or Public Health Authority and follow their instructions.